Was: doomed UM building. Now: torn down.
Shall be: North Quad.
Local flickristas celebrated the visual spectacle in Frieze-frame, a semirandom reverse-chronological sampling of photos:
Find many, many more demolition photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/friezebuilding/
Live video at http://18.104.22.168/view/index.shtml
- Frieze Building Blog
- Viewpoint:Demolishing History - Op-ed on the history of that area by Ann Arbor Historic District Commission member Susan Wineberg from the Michigan Daily.
- The Frieze Building Vertical File - Historical newspaper articles describing the design, construction and history of the Frieze Building.
- Binder Articles - Newspaper articles about the new dorm, North Quad, planned for the site of the Frieze building.
- The Frieze Building (Virginia Ham #6) (YouTube) - The Frieze Building: beloved home of the Department of Theatre and Drama. This decrepit but much loved building is 100 years old. It will be demolished later this year to clear way for a new dorm and classroom complex. In this scene, the Frieze Building shares with us her memories and a few last words. ... (more) (less)
- Henry S. Frieze, the building's namesake