Dixboro is an unincorporated village at the corner of Plymouth Road and Cherry Hill Rd. in Superior Charter Township.

History

The Dixboro post office was established by John Dix in 1825. It remained open with intermittent closures until 1905, when Rural Free Delivery started.

John Dix, a land promoter, founded Dixboro in 1824 and built a general store, barn, and grist mill. He sold his holdings and left for Texas in 1833.

Culture

The annual Dixboro Fair is held in August.

Commerce

MoonWinks Cafe in the center of the village provides coffee, wifi, sandwiches, and a place to chit-chat.

Development

A sign for The Maples Village Marketplace promises "beautiful mixed-use office, residential and retail".

Sources

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike License. See Copyrights.