Cross Street Village

210 W. Cross Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

 

Cross Street Village, an R.S. Gerganoff building, was constructed as Ypsilanti High School in 1917. The original construction and a matching 1929 addition make up the impressive Cross Street facade; the 1950s "Arts and Crafts" wing faces west, at the terminus of Florence Street. The building and parking lot occupy a superblock bounded by Cross, Adams, Washington, and Olive.

In 1997, the school district sold the then-vacant building to American Community Builders, who reconfigured the interior into a 104-apartment senior housing complex.

Sources

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike License. See Copyrights.

Map data CC-BY-SA OpenStreetMap. Map tiles via CloudMade.