Brookville is a "populated place" in Salem Township, located at Brookville Rd at Salem Rd.

Sources

4b "Early Families and Houses of Brookville"

The First Wesleyan Methodist Church of Salem was organized in a school-house on section 33, in 1841, with David Norton as class-leader, and Joseph Lapham, first steward. The first annual conference was held in that school-house, where also was formed the first church discipline. Marcus Swift, Samuel Bibbins and Orin Doolittle were the first preachers. The first house of worship was built in 1851, at a cost of $840, near Lapham's Corners, or Brookville. The pastors, have been as follows: B. F. Pritchard, J. G. Spaulding, J. H. Castor, A. W. Wilson, H. Noble, S. Clements and B. F. Hedger, the present pastor. The first Sunday school was established in 1844 or 1845, with 20 members present. The average attendance now is about 50.

This local geography article is a stub: you can help Arborwiki by expanding it.

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike License. See Copyrights.