The district has several large development projects continuing, including the new high school.
24 July: Ann Arbor News article
- 16,500 viewers. $9,434 received per student from the state.
- The district enrollment dropped by more than 200 students between the 2006-07 and 2007-08 school years.
$75,000 marketing campaign: "Ann Arbor school officials hope that an aggressive marketing plan - centered on the concept of "exceptional" - will help them add 200 students in the coming year. The marketing plan will cost the district between $71,000 and $75,000 Liz Margolis, the district's spokeswoman and director of communications, told the school board Tuesday night."
- "Trustee Randy Friedman said the district needs to make sure every staff member is working to market the district to parents."
The AAPS has a projected 6 million deficit in the 08-09 school year. The $185 million budget will use $2.86 million from district savings.
The district has undergone two recent rounds of substantial budget cuts. The middle school program was entirely restructured, an early retirement incentive was taken by 57 senior teachers and the food service was entirely outsourced.
Ann Arbor operates 20 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, 5 high schools and a K-8 program as well as a comprehensive preschool. Test scores indicate the district is well above the state average in student achievement.
- Jeanice Kerr Swift (replacing Patricia Green)
- Bob Galardi, Human Resources / Administrative Services
- Robert Allen, Operations
- Liz Margolis, Communications
Pages tagged “Ann Arbor Public Schools”
- 2004 School Millage
- 2010 Ann Arbor school board appointment
- Abbot Elementary School
- Allen Elementary School
- Ann Arbor Black Parents and Students Support Group
- Ann Arbor Huron Men's Water Polo
- Ann Arbor Open School
- Ann Arbor Parent Advisory Committee
- Ann Arbor Pioneer Field Hockey
- Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation
- Bach Elementary School
- Board of Education
- Burns Park Elementary
- Clague Middle School
- Dicken Elementary School
- Eberwhite Elementary School
- Forsythe Middle School
- Huron High School
- Lakewood Elementary School
- Lawton Elementary School
- Logan Elementary School
- Mack School
- Martin Luther King Elementary School
- Mitchell Elementary School
- Pattengill Elementary School
- Pioneer High School
- Pioneer Optimist
- Skyline High School
- Slauson Middle School
- Stone High School
- Tappan Middle School
- Wines Elementary School